Thursday 14 February 2013

Prying Eyes (14/12/2010)

They look with intent, and they can see
All that lies within my inner soul.
Surrounded by constant prying eyes,
They are everywhere.
Hidden cameras watching our every move.
The only place to hide, inside a toilet cubicle.
No such thing as freedom.
Privacy remains non-existent.
It's not paranoia when they really are out to get you.
Tormented daily by the reality I see,
All that I am aware of.
Even my walls adorned with faces,
They are everywhere.
It is only their way of spying on me.
There is nowhere to hide -
Faces imprinted upon my walls, even in the bathroom.
Ever prying eyes remain my enemy.
It's not paranoia when they really are out to get you.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Lost in space for sharing such a deep poem of thoughts and feelings.

    Madison:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words, Madison.

    I do find it helpful to get my feelings out through poetry, and all creative means. I am glad to be able to share some of what I have written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LOS.
    My city spent lots $ to install traffic cameras. Then claimed it cost too much to operate on a daily basis. Citizens balked for a bit, then 'forgot' about it... not me. And I'm not so sure toilet cubicles are safe any more. But that's another tale!?

    Love your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words, Dixie.

    Indeed cameras are everywhere these days and it seems there is no escape any more. I dread to think how much they can see of our lives.

    ReplyDelete