Thursday 22 November 2012

Flashback of a Bad Trip

Well I'm back. My essay is finally finished and handed in. So hopefully I will be around more now. But here is a couple of pictures.

Part one:-

Acrylic on canvas, 2010, 12" x 12".

Part two:-

Acrylic on canvas, 2010, 12" x 12".

These strange creatures are representations of some of the things I see. These two were particularly evil in that they both tried to attack me. I think by painting them in this way I have been able to give them less power over me. They are not as frightening as they were the days they appeared in front of me.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lost in Space,

    Apologies for not getting here sooner. I think you have definitely taken away the power of those creatures by getting them out and doing a painting of them. Excellent stuff and have a peaceful, positive weekend.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your positive words, Gary.

    Anything I can use to turn my symptoms round and make something positive out of them has to be a good thing. I am just so glad that I can use my art in this way, even more so as I really enjoy painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! Hope all is well and as usual I enjoy your post's, artwork and what they represent. Your talent, creativity and honesty is beautiful.

    Madison:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words, Madison.

    I am good right now. My art has always been my best coping strategy, and a way I can express myself without being judged. I am glad that you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In spite of the negative connotations of these drawings, I must confess I like the colors and they seem harmless...actually quite sunny and fun :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind words, Unikorna.

    I'm glad you like the colours. I did try to make these paintings more fun because I wanted to be able to look at them and see something that wasn't so negative as the experiences that inspired them.

    ReplyDelete