Saturday 18 February 2012

The Abyss

I am finally back, so here is a picture.


Acrylic on canvas, 2010, 12" x 15.75".

Following on a similar theme from 'Infestation', that I posted here in December. At the time of painting, I really felt that I was being taken over by what I can only describe as a mind controlling parasite. The feelings of my thoughts not being my own was horrible, and created a sense of desperation. It was this experience that landed me at the doctor's surgery in early 2011, desperate for a pill to make it go away (if such a thing even existed, and I wasn't particularly convinced to be honest). Well the good news is that it did exist, and I no longer experience the thought control.

I will post some more recent paintings when I get round to taking photos of them. After all, though I was stuck at this particular point on my journey for a long time, I have moved much further on over the last year or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment