Saturday 31 December 2011

2011

Happy new year all!

2011 was definitely a strange year for me. I'd say it was a good year with a few bad points. But it has definitely had its ups and downs. Perhaps a lot more so than any other recent year.

I'll post some of the paintings that have come from the journey I have made this year over the next few months. It seemed very much in 2011 that I was heading somewhere that I was not familiar with. This also being why I chose the pseudonym 'Lost in Space', because I have definitely been very much lost in space over the last few months.

But there has definitely been some really good moments. In September I started a counselling skills course at my local college, which has been really interesting. I have also met some really nice people there.

And also in November I decided to go vegetarian. That being something I have wanted to do for a while, but unfortunately life got in the way. It was definitely the right time in November.

2011 will also go down as the year when I was finally able to return to better health. Things still aren't perfect, but overall I am coping much  better than what I was this time last year. I know what has been causing all my troubles, and can now work around the symptoms. The lost in space feeling has been a big part of this recovery, and at times has been really scary. I have certainly wanted to go back to where I was, but have kept going through all the challenges to get to a much better place.

I am hoping for a calmer and less confusing 2012, but only time will tell whether this will happen or not. Best wishes to all who read this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment